Hard difficulty is hard! VoidTree uses several plugins that make your life more pleasant, including many favorites you know and love from other servers.
- /help This command lists all of the other commands you have permissions to use.
- /disposal Toss your junk without dangerous lava or cacti. Be careful–once it’s gone it’s gone!
- /wild Teleport to a random location. There is a ten minute cooldown.
- Teleport. All of your familiar teleport commands are available. Type “/help teleport” for details.
- /spawn Brings you to spawn, of course.
- /home Go home, or /homes to list all of your homes.
- /sethome <name-of-home> and /delhome <name-of-home> to set or delete a home.
- /rules Check the server rules any time.
- /time No need to carry a clock!
- /w Whisper to another player.
- /ignore Ignore a player.
- /list Lists all online players.
- /afk Sets you to away from keyboard.
- /me <message> Emotes.
VoidTree uses the plugin VentureChat to make chat channels. Like most such plugins, it’s powerful and sometimes complicated. Here’s a summary.
You change the channel where your chat appears with the command /ch <channelname>. Here are the channels you need to know about:
- Local. This is the channel you want to be in most of the time. If you ever get “lost” in chat, type /ch local.
- Town. To talk to only people in your town, /ch town.
- Nation. Similar to town, but the whole nation.
- Global. In global you can talk to people on all of the servers. Right now we only have survival and the lobby. Do /ch global to say hi to people who just joined and are still in the fishbowl.
We use Towny to manage claims. If you’ve met Towny on another server, you know how it works. Check here for some details. You can set the rules in your town, invite people to join you, expand and conquer the wilderness. The master list of Towny commands is right here. Some information to get you started:
- All new members automatically join Newtown. You don’t have to stay there, but it’s safe and convenient.
- Return to your town with /town spawn. The local shortcut is /tspawn.
- In order to start a new town, you have to leave any town you may be in with /town leave. Wave bye-bye to Newtown!
- Create a new town with /town new <townname>. Your town name cannot have a space (use _ instead). If you get an error, the name you picked may be too long.
- Type /town to see a summary of your town status.
- If your town has taxes, they will be deducted automatically.
- You can deposit cash into your town with /town deposit.
- You can view a list of towns with /town list.
- To visit a public town, type /town spawn <town name>.
- Invite people to your town with /town invite <playername>.
- See a map of your town with /town map.
The plugin LWC gives you complete control over who accesses your chests, doors, trapdoors, furnaces and other blocks. LWC is powerful and has many commands and features. Type a command and punch a chest. For the full command list, see the link. Here are the most useful ones:
- Any chest you place is locked to you by default.
- Lock a chest or other block by typing /lock and left-clicking it.
- Unlock a locked chest by typing /unlock and left-clicking it.
- /cpassword creates a password lock that will be applied to the next chest you left-click. Anyone with the password can open the chest and take items.
- /cunlock <password> allows you to give the password to open a password-protected chest.
- Add another player to the access list for a chest by typing /cmodify <name>, and then left-clicking the chest.
- /cpublic creates a public chest that anyone can access, but that no one can lock. This is the command you want to make a community chest.
- /cremove removes any locks you put on a chest. This does the same thing as /unlock.
- /chopper on/off turns hoppers on or off. If your hoppers aren’t hopping, this is why.
VoidTree has two different kinds of shops.
- /shop Use this command to open the server shop window. You can use this shop anywhere, any time. Sell off all that cobble while you are mining, or buy a few rare blocks to finish your build.
- /sellall <item> This command sells all of an item from your inventory. Typing /sellall with no arguments will sell everything in your inventory that can be sold. Be careful with this command as there are no refunds.
- Want to set up your own shop to buy and sell items to other players? You can using ChestShop. Set your prices to better than the server /shop and watch your business grow.
- To check your chest shop transaction history, use /csn history. Typing /csn without arguments will tell you more about your shops.
- /pay Give someone money.
- /balance How much money do you have?
- /baltop Who has all the money?
- New! Need to find who sells a particular item? Type /findshop <itemname>.
Invisible Item Frames
By user request we have installed a plugin that allows the crafting of invisible item frames. Be aware that item frames are entities and as such may create lag, so do not cover your entire build with invisible item frames.
For information on how to craft invisible item frames, check out the plugin’s web site.