The first time you connect to VoidTree you will join our default Town, called Newtown. Your chat prefix will be [NEWTOWN]. Newtown is a safe place to get started. As a member of Newtown, you are charged no taxes.
There are beds in the inn if you need one. The workshop beneath the inn has basic tools. Mobs don’t spawn in Newtown, and any that chase you into town will be zapped by powerful magic. Go ahead and use the farms to get started. Mine and collect resources in the surrounding areas.
Any Newtown resident can claim a resident plot for $0. Look for the signs to see which ones are free.
You are welcome to leave and start your own town any time, or rejoin if that’s what you want.
- One plot per player (not counting shop plots)
- Replace what you take
- Surface builds must be modest and in-theme
- Shops in Embassy plots only
- Feeling cramped? Larger plots are available at the town’s borders. Prices start at $5000 for a 2 chunk x 2 chunk plot, with plots up to 3×3 available. Ask a staff member. We reserve the right to charge rent on these plots at a future date.
- Staff can tell who took what from the farms. If you consistently harvest and don’t replant, or kill all the animals, we will run you out of town for harshing our mellow.
We’ve added embassy plots so that anyone, resident or otherwise, can set up chest shops in Newtown.
- Embassy plots cost $20000 to claim and $10/calendar day upkeep.
- If you do not pay shop upkeep and we can’t reach you by Discord or email, you may lose your shop plot and everything in it, so plan ahead.
If the current shop plots are all used, just ask and we’ll set up more.