It’s our first time doing this sort of thing, and we expect there will be some surprises. We appreciate your help finding problems and making VoidTree more friendly and stable. We look forward to seeing what you do in our playground.
How does it work?
We’ve created a contest venue in the ocean with nine plots. If more than nine people or teams want to compete, we can create more.You get a week (from the 18th until the 25th) to finish your build before the plots get locked for judging. We’ve pre-selected three judges from the community (not staff members) to choose the first, second, and third place winners. Plots are 32 square blocks across, and can go as high or as low as you like.
Theme: Life on the Sea (or under!)
The theme of the competition is “Life on the Sea (or under)”. Builds can range from pirate ships and houseboats to ocean temples and giant jellyfish. The judges are instructed to vote based on which builds fit this theme the most, and are aesthetically pleasing.
- Stay inside your plot. Your plot includes the border of oak planks, and you can remove or edit the border as you see fit.
- Do not copy builds from the internet. Finding furniture or patterns online is permitted. Put up signs crediting any builder you use for more than a tiny bit of inspiration so we can appreciate what you did that was unique.
- As judges cannot fly, they will only evaluate what they can see from the ground.
- Teams are fine as long as you share a plot.
- By entering the contest, you are agreeing that we can use screenshots on our website and to publicize VoidTree elsewhere.
- After judging we will unlock plots so that you can re-use your blocks.
- Be excellent to each other.
- 1st place: Bee kit +50 bonus town blocks
- 2nd place: Fish kit + 30 bonus town blocks
- 3rd place: Cow kit + 20 bonus town blocks
The winning builds will be featured on our website for everyone to see.
How do I participate?
You can get to the build competition by typing /warp build_comp. Ask a staff member to assign a plot to you. If you’d like to share a plot with a friend and work on your build together, you can — just make sure that you’re prepared to split the prizes if you win.
After 11:59pm eastern US time on the 25th, all plots will be locked so that our judges can do their job. We’ll announce winners on Discord and on a blog post before the weekend is over.