We have set up a Patreon to handle recurring monthly contributions. This is a win for everyone, as it allows people to contribute while not giving up their personal information. If you want to contribute at this point, you’re probably doing so because you enjoy playing here and want the party to continue. Therefore the rewards you get from your Patreon tier are modest and aimed at testing game mechanics.
- Ten! Ten homes instead of five! (Same as Founder rank)
- A monthly shulker box of goodies.
- Optional in-game chat prefix so that people can admire you, if you’re into that.
- Optional Discord role
- Twenty! Twenty lovely homes!
- A different monthly shulker box of goodies.
- Optional in-game chat prefix so that people can admire you even more.
- Optional Discord role.
- Unlimited homes.
- An extra-cool monthly shulker box of goodies.
- Optional in-game chat prefix, etc.
- Optional Discord role.
Our Patreon is an “up front” one, which means that you will be charged immediately and once every month after that, unless you decide to cancel.
There may be downsides. Here are the ones we know of so far.
- Fees. Everyone charges fees to handle money. Small amounts of money get proportionally larger fees. It’s difficult to sort out ahead of time what the fees are. As a loose estimate, figure about 12% of your contribution goes to Patreon for providing this service. This will be a learning experience for all of us, and patron tiers may be adjusted depending on those fees.
- Extra fees converting non-US currencies amounting to 2.5% (it’s not clear if this fee is deducted before or after the service fees are). As many of our players are outside of the US, this may be an issue for some of you.
- Even more fees from Paypal and credit card processors for extracting the money from our Patreon so we can pay for hosting. Them’s the breaks.
- It’s amazingly difficult to figure out how to cancel or change a membership. For your convenience a link to the page with the surprisingly recondite instructions to do so is included here.
That said, we are committed to making this work for everyone. While VoidTree status is closed beta, if you have an issue that causes you to send us money that you did not intend to, we’ll arrange a refund. Minus the fees, of course.
We’re still working out what the tiers and rewards should be and are open to suggestions. Since most contributor rewards will also show up as rare voting rewards, no one will be able to tell that you’re a contributor unless you ask for the optional in-game display title.
Have you read all of that? Are you comfortable with using Patreon to support us? Then click away.